Martins Price List
Martins endeavour to keep our pricing transparent with no hidden extras. We like to keep things easily understandable so you can maximise your marketing spend without any surprises.
Martins have three main options when you need to purchase data.
- Non-Personalised Mailing and Telemarketing data - Mailing data with telephone numbers.
- Personalised Mailing and Telemarketing data - This data comes with named contacts , mailing data, and telephone numbers.
- Personalised Email, Mailing and Telemarketing data - This data comes with named contacts, mailing data, telephone numbers and email addresses.
Martins don't rent data - you are free to use this data more than once. However you must maintain the data to ensure you are complying with the Privacy Act, the Marketing Association's eMarketing Council and The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act.
Alternatively, Martins can re-supply you with updated data on a regular basis to keep your database fully compliant. This takes the hard work out of constantly updating your database.
See the Data Pricing Matrix for details of fields supplied
There is a $250.00 Selection Fee per order - Plus GST
*Generic - or Non-Personalised:
addressed to "The Manager".
Unlimited Updates for One Year
Pay once and get as many updates from us as you like over the next year. We maintain and update the database – and you request it when you need it.
- No hidden costs – one up-front payment and use the mailing list as often as you want to for a whole year
- The most current data – get the data when you need it
- No other charges, i.e. repeat use charge
- Great for budgeting – one fixed cost and use the database as many times as you like for all your Direct Marketing campaigns for a period of a year from date of purchase.
- Data can be supplied to you by email on the same day
Purchasing an Email Database
When we supply email addresses, we supply them under Inferred Consent and/or Deemed Consent - that is, there exists a prior business relationship, the information being sent to the recipient is relevant and relates to their industry or job role. The email address may also be conspicuously published - ie on a company website.
Relevancy is reasonably subjective but as many of our databases are very specialised and targeted, this is typically not difficult for us to gauge. There are also other elements of an email message that we need to be sure are included under the new Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 - namely an Unsubscribe and clear identification of who is sending the email. It is against the Law to send an email without an Unsubscribe. We will only supply our email data if we know who will be sending out the email message and that it will fully comply with the new Act. We provide this emailing service, please click here for further information...
Run an email campaign through Martins and be assured of a reliable service with predictable costs. Many other companies will charge per hour for the email design with extra costs for links and merge fields. We prefer to let you know costs up front.
- HTML Page – Design of Email, Layout with images and Links, Landing Page for Information Requests @ $300.00 (Flat Fee) + GST
- To send your Personalised Email message and provide full Reporting of all click-throughs and requests for further information @ $.40c per email + GST
Data Cleaning, Deduping, Formatting, Merging
Terms and Conditions
- The User may copy the List, store the List on their databases and computer systems, and use the List to the extent necessary in pursuing its marketing activities.
- The User agrees to pay MARTINS for the provision of the List as per our credit Terms and Conditions on our invoice. Prices are subject to change without notice. All amounts payable by the User under this agreement are exclusive of GST and other duties or taxes.
- Any GST, other duties or taxes payable in respect of such amounts shall be payable in addition to such amounts.
- The List is supplied on the condition that all returned (bounced) email addresses received by the User are forwarded onto MARTINS (via email).
- Where th eList is merged with any other list for any purpose, including but not limited to mailing, names and addresses must be source coded so that returned mail sourced from the List (if any) can be directed back to MARTINS.
- MARTINS will pay the User the 100% of the original data cost for all hard-bounced, returned emails.
- The User will provide the draft of the proposed email message for our approval.
- The User will advise MARTINS as to who will be sending out the email message.
- MARTINS does not guarantee response rates from any List.
- MARTINS in no way endorses or guarantees the performance of any product or service promoted by any users of any List and shall not be quoted directly or by implication, as doing so.
- The User will indemnify MARTINS in respect of all actions, proceedings, and claims which may be brought against MARTINS arising from any breach by the User of the provisions of this agreement limited to the amount paid by the User to MARTINS for the List, and reduced to the extent that MARTINS contributed to such breach.
- MARTINS' liability to the User under this agreement is limited to the amount paid by the User to MARTINS for the List. MARTINS will not be liable to the User for any loss of profit, or for any indirect or consequential losses. MARTINS will not be liable to the User for any loss of profit, or for any indirect or consequential losses. MARTINS will not be liable to the User under or in connection with this agreement in any other way, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- The User must ensure at all times that the List is used only in accordance with the terms of this agreement and for this purpose, without limitation, must at all times keep the List secure and confidential.
- MARTINS' Lists have been seeded to detect unauthorised copying and use. Action will be taken in all cases where misuse of any MARTINS' Lists is detected.
- MARTINS remains the owner of the List and all intellectual property rights in it. The User must not copy, modify, dispose of or distribute the list except as permitted by this agreement.
- The User agrees to comply with all relevant laws relating to the uses of the List including (but not limited to) the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and the Privacy Act 1993.
- This agreement is governed by and subject to New Zealand law. The agreement will be construed in accordance with New Zealand law. The User and MARTINS agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts in respect of any dispute or other matter arising in connection with this agreement.
- Data is for in-house use only and not for resale to a third party (unless by prior arrangement).
- Any overdue invoices will incur costs we or our agents incur in recovering monies owed, including any relevant bank charges and costs, commissions and legal costs.
Special Notes on Email Marketing
In terms of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, there are three types of Consent to be able to send a "Commercial Message".
- Express Consent - i.e. fully opt-in
- Inferred Consent - this is based on the fact that you have a prior business relationship - i.e. they are an existing customer
- Deemed Consent - this is based on two things:
a) Email address is conspicuously published - i.e. on a website (and does not have "Do Not Email Me" disclaimer)
b)The information being sent to them is relevant to the business, role, functions, or duties of the person in a business or official capacity.
Martins Email Policy
We do often collect or verify email addresses by telephone, but although we say who we are and what we do, we may not be able to say we have Express Consent.
As our customers are generally looking for new customers/prospects, unless we are enhancing our clients existing database with email addresses, Inferred Consent is not often used.
We go to a great deal of trouble to "find" conspicuously published email addresses and take note of the job title associated with it. We use the standard ANZSCO codes to classify their occupation. Note: Not all of our email addresses are "conspicuously published". It is up to our Clients to decide that the email message they send is "Relevant to the Role of Function" of the person receiving it. The User must also comply with the other requirements of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007, which will be out of the control of MARTINS.
Seeking Advice From the DIA and Best Practice
If you are unsure if you have the required consent or that your email message complies with the Act, we strongly suggest you contact the Anti-spam team of the Department of Internal Affairs on firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
Best Practice is to telephone the database prior to emailing, to establish Express Consent by asking the contacts on the database if they would like to receive email messages from your company. Once you have this, you can continue to send these contacts email messages. If you are calling you may wish to consider implementing a system to record the details of the businesses contacted, the date and time contacted, and whether consent was received to proceed with sending out a commercial electronic message. MARTINS will always supply Telephone and/or Mailing data with our Email addresses.
Although MARTINS Limited take all reasonable steps to gain "Consent", we cannot be held liable for any subsequent action taken by the Anti-spam Department of the DIA. The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 clearly states that the onus is on the person sending or authorising the "commercial message" to be able to clearly show "Consent".
"It is the sender of a commercial email or SMS text who must be able to prove they have the recipient's consent, not the seller of the database." Quote from Steve O'Brien - Anti-spam Compliance Manager for the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).